Sunday, April 28, 2013

A wonderful week in Yosemite

I have been to Yosemite many times in the past.  I always like going to see it in the spring time.. This time of the year the waterfalls are flowing and the trees starting to get their new growth.. Here are a few photographs I took when Yvonne and I went to Yosemite a week ago:  (Click to Enlarge)


We got to the valley around 9:00am and the water was very still so there are some great reflections of Yosemite falls in the water.


We stopped at the bridge that Ansel Adams made famous, with his views of Half dome. In the following photograph I added some texture to the clouds and made the face of half dome more prevalent in photoshop...



When I see Half Dome, it always reminds me of a photograph I took in 1972, from the same spot, with an old Practica 35mm film camera, in the winter time..I dug it out of my files so you can see how awesome Half Dome can be in the winter. 


A couple of days later we went back to yosemite and took some more photographs.. We walked up to Bridalveil falls..It was really wet because the wind was blowing...didn't stay very long..took this photo with my Iphone..


Then I took the view from the street,  with my Iphone:

This photo of Yosemite falls was taken with my Panasonic Lumix G3 with an olympus lens...Then I did some painterly effects with Topaz plug ins and Adobe photoshop cs4.



Then some views of the valley along the Merced river:


Next year I want to stay in the valley..Its fun

No comments:

Post a Comment