Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Wonderful Zion Adventure

To me, Zion National Park is a great photographic experience.. Usually Fall colors in Zion are at their peak the last week of October and first week of November.  I was there in 1998 and the colors and weather were also fantastic..The difference this time is I was shooting digital files instead of film..so I could take a lot more photographs.. The first two photographs were taken, with my Iphone, from our campsite:



Every day Yvonne and I would hike along the various creeks that outline the campgrounds.. Here are some photographs taken along the creek with my bigger cameras:










We took a walk down to the Narrows along the Zion river..another photographer was nice enough to take our photograph:


This last image is a painterly effect using Topaz filters and Photoshop:


When it ever rains a lot in Utah, I want to go back to Zion in the spring and fall. Wonderful photo opportunities.

1 comment:

  1. Mike, these photos are all so fantastic! How often are you using your Iphone for these shots, and how often your regular cameras?

    I love each and every one of them, including those great photos of Yvonne and you! You are having such a wonderful time!!!
    Toby

    ReplyDelete