Friday, July 29, 2011

Sometimes ideas come from suprising places

Yesterday I got an email newsletter from Topaz about how a painter uses "Topaz Adjust" to help prepare his photographs for painting in " Painter 11."...it was a good article and I got a couple of ideas I wanted to try on my photographic paintings...I dug through my files and found this photograph I took of two of my grandsons in the early 90's in the park.. Here is the original: (Click to enlarge)

I spent about 3 hours working on the image..first in Photoshop and then in Corel Painter Essentials 4..using the "Sargent  brush", "just add water" brush, and the" soft edge cloner,".. I am very happy with the result as I feel it looks like a painting and would look good printed on a canvas..
Here is the finished portrait. (Click to enlarge)

No comments:

Post a Comment